Email forwarding intermittent - are emails being dropped

cpartners

A number of emails have been sent to my address in the past 20 hours which have not been forwarded through by zoneedit.
Others have been successfully forwarded, with no noticeable delay experienced.
Local SPAM filters have been carefully checked, so it does not appear to be a local problem.
The DNS severs assigned to my domain are: ns19 and ns8. My zoneedit account name is the same as my forum name.

Are emails being blocked and/or dropped at present through zoneedit? Will they arrive eventually, or will they be lost forever?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

We did have a delay due to a load spike but this has been rectified. How are things looking now?

thanks
sandy

cpartners

hi there

We did have a delay due to a load spike but this has been rectified. How are things looking now?

thanks
sandy
Throughput appears to be back to normal now for me.

That must have been a huge load spike - it was 3 days long!
Is it possible that the "spike" was due to a mail queue backing up over 3 days for some other reason, and then you noticed a "spike" when it finally cleared?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
yes you are correct.... mail back up did last that long... once the offenders were found and removed queued mail started to flow as expected.

thanks
sandy

Bob D

Mail seems to be backed up again. Email forwarded to my gmail address has not arrived for over two hours (still hasn't).
Mail sent directly to that address from the same server arrived instantly.

Please help!

Thanks,
Bob

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
working on it.... mail queues are starting to dequeue now,

thanks
sandy