Dynamic DNS - Primary server not being updated

jeff

I recently decided to take advantage of the dynamic DNS feature that is being provided. When I had a power outage the other day, the script ran and returned success. From the GUI, I was able to verify that script did update but later I found out that only ns3 was updated but ns17 was never updated. Because of this my secondary dns servers did not update. I had to manually log in to zoneedit and tell it to publish the new ip address. After I did this, the secondary dns servers were able to get the correct ip address.

So my question is, why did ns17 not update when ns3 was updated?

My dynamic DNS script is "lynx -source -auth=username:authCode 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=domain' "

Any help will be appreciated

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jeff.

I'm not aware of any issues with Dynamic at the moment, how long was the period between when you noticed that ns17 wasn't updating to when yuo had to manually update it? It could possibly be indicative of an issue with ns17.

Also, what is you domain? it will assist me to check the logs.

jeff

Thanks for responding. We had a power outage on Thursday 30 June. The Dynamic DNS script ran that night to update the new IP address. DNS. I logged on to ZoneEdit to verify that the new IP address was updated and it showed that it was. I did not force a commit at that time. Every Sunday, I have a script that queries the primary and secondary name servers to make sure they are in sync. At that time, I noticed that only NS3 had the new IP address while NS17 had the old IP address. Once I notice this, I logged back into ZoneEdit and forced an update. After the update with the GUI, everything was able to sync up to the new IP address.

So - 30 June (evening) got new IP address and ran script.
3 July (morning) - noticed NS3 and NS17 were different and forced a commit

Domains
beaglemaster.net
eyeluvart.net

Thanks again for any help.

Jeff