Domain transfer

Cliff Romash

I switched my primary domain away from ZoneEdit about 2 years ago, when mail forwarding stopped working, and I could not get any attention from support. Surprisingly, I switched it to EasyDNS, where it has been working fine.

Given that I'm grandfathered to having 5 free "zones", I'm considering sitching it back before/when it expires.

Previously, I think ZoneEdit was not a registrar. Are they now? If so, then I assume what I want to do is transfer the domain to ZoneEdit, and add the mailmaps BEFORE the transfer.

What are the costs for the domain transfer and domain registration?

Thanks.

Cliff Romash

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
for a .org the transfer fee is $12.00. You would be able to set up the zone file and mail maps before delegating zoneedit nameservers to the domain name as well.
You would add the domain via the add a domain link for free dns services then once the domain is in the account click the Switch Registrar link
on the Domain Setings tab.

thanks
sandy

Cliff Romash

for a .org the transfer fee is $12.00. You would be able to set up the zone file and mail maps before delegating zoneedit nameservers to the domain name as well.
You would add the domain via the add a domain link for free dns services then once the domain is in the account click the Switch Registrar link
on the Domain Setings tab.

thanks
sandy[/QUOTE
The domain registration expires in July. Does the transfer fee include new registration or is it only transfer?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
registrar transfers include an additional year of registrations. If the domain expires Jul 2015 now.. it will expire Jul, 2016
once the registrar transfer completes.

Sandh

Cliff Romash

I was under the impression that I was grandfathered for up to 5 free zones. I added romash.org (and initiated a domain registration transfer) only to find that the system wanted a credit from me to support the new zone. I paid for the credit and for the transfer, but am hoping to NOT have to continue to pay credits monthly.

Thanks.

Cliff

Cliff Romash

Please ignore the previous message. All appears to now be working (although some messages were clearly lost int he switch....)

Thanks.

Cliff Romash