Domain Transfer and DNSSEC

jackson_acha

Hi there,
I have a domain afrilandfirstbank.com registered enom.com but I use you (ZoneEdit) as my DNS provider and my nameserver are ns17.zoneedit.com and ns8.zoneedit.com. According to these articles:
For me to have DNSSEC implemented on my domain name, ZoneEdit needs to be the registrar of the domain. So what I want to know is ;
  1. Is there any cost for transfering my domain expiring 2024-03-23 from enom.com to ZoneEdit, as my primary registrar ?
  2. Is there any cost for implementing DNSSEC ones we have ZoneEdit as our primary registrar ?

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, Yes there will be a fee as a year is added to the domains existing expiration date and once zoneedit is thew registrar support for DNSSEC is included with registration

regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
the fee for a .com is $20.00 USD and that includes DNS and DNSSEC. The fee for renewals may be $20.00 as well but the registry raises prices almost yearly now so it may be higher by the time you need to renew.

jackson_acha

my primary domain has many sub-domains and all have Name servers here on Zone Edit. On transferring the domain registrar to Zone Edit, is there any downtime? I am worried that my services will be down during the transfer. I have services running on each sub-domain in my account.

Also, how do I accept the domain here on ZoneEdit ?

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there so I can better understand, what is the domain name of concern? if it is afrilandfirstbank.com, then the nameservers records inside the zone need to be changed to
Name Server: NS17.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS8.ZONEEDIT.COM
to use zoneedit for DNS

as its already delegated to zoneedit nameservers a registrar transfer will not result in any downtime./. at present the domain is down as it has microsoftonline.com NS records inside the zone while delegated to zoneedit at its registrar.

regards