Domain redirection stops working from time to time

Pierre

Hello,

My ISP is blocking port 80 so I'm using Zoneedit domain redirection to redirect web requests to a non-blocked port (443 or 8080) of my personal web server (dyndns). From time to time, the redirection stops working. As a work around, I have to login into Zoneedit console, change the redirect settings of the domain and then set them back to original to get it working again. This problem occured at least 5 times since Zoneedit acquisition and never happened before.

Yesterday, it occured again. I checked the chain of redirections with the help of an external web site and I got a server error 5xx. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and was not able to capture the exact code, or even check if this error code was coming from the external web site or Zoneedit redirector.

Are others seeing a similar problem?

Thanks

Brad C.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pierre, I configured host monitoring for danse.alterna.tv so that yourself and I will receive an email notification if it becomes unreachable. The logs from our host monitoring service should help us to isolate the issue.

Pierre

Hello Brad,

Could you setup the monitoring on "webmail" instead because I and my children access this web site more frequently than "danse" and we will be able to update this thread whenever the problem occurs? I'm sure the redirect to HTTPS on port 443 fails sometimes but I've never been notified by users for the redirects to other ports.

Thanks