Does ZoneEdit use SpamCop?

dstaffor

Hello everyone

Is there someone who can shed some light on a problem we're having?

We have a domain set up (quite some time ago) with three mail forwards and nothing else. The mail forwards work as expected EXCEPT if the users sends from, say, a Hotmail or Outlook.com address in which case the email is bounced back to them with the error message:

Reporting-MTA: dns;BAY004-OMC4S24.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY181-W8
Arrival-Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 00:16:18 -0700
Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxx@yyyyyyyy.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [65.54.190.226] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?65.54.190.226

Do the ZoneEdit mail servers filter email using spamcop?

If I send an email from the same Hotmail account to the target of the mail forward set up in the domain, bypassing ZoneEdit, the mail arrives safely. If I send an email from another source to the alias held at ZoneEdit, the mail also arrives safely, if somewhat delayed (a built in 10 minute delay?).

I've look through the ZoneEdit interface and cannot find any reference to an anti-spam service so I can't turn it off. If it is the case, it's not a bad idea to offer it but it would be better to make it optional, I think.

Regards

DAS

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
Hi, yes we are using the spamcop RBL on the email forwarders. We wouldn't have selected this left to our own, but when we bought Zoneedit we decided to migrate as much as we could "as is" to provide the most continuity. Zoneedit had this in their mail forwarder configs already.

dstaffor

Ok, good to have it confirmed.

Can I turn it off for the domain? It's bouncing valid emails and false positives are really annoying. We have our own anti-spam in any case.

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
Yeah shoot me the domain(s) in an IM and I'll add it manually (we'll bring this setting back to the interface soon, we used to have it on easyDNS not sure why it's not enabled here)

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Click on the avatar and you can initiate a conversation with that forum member.

thanks
sandy

wenslayer

I too would like to disable spam filtering for my domain mail forwards. I don't see a mechanism to do that via the interface -- shall I IM @markjr as well?

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
No need, I got it. It's on the list - sorry a few other things got ahead of it.

But it's not a complicated thing so we should be able to add it soon....

Darren Hennessy

I would like to stop the spam filtering on my domain email as well. Its been almost a year since the previous posts were made. I have not seen any setting in the interface that would allow me to bypass the filter. Has this been added? If not how can I get a domain bypassed?

Thanks,
Darren