Delegating a .it domain - SERVFAIL

bgenn

Hi,

I'm trying to delegate a .it domain, but it seems as though the .it registrar (registro.it) performs a check on the name servers I am delegating to (being dns1 and dns2.zoneedit.com) before it will approve the delegation. They provide an online check at dns-check.nic.it

dns1 and dns2.zoneedit.com are returning SERVFAIL as I can see myself. Not sure if this is because zoneedit doesn't respond to queries on the domain until it has been delegated? Might be a catch-22 situation?

Or I could be missing something?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

You need to delegate our name servers to the domain name, and set up DNS info for the domain name through the ZoneEdit control panel. If you still have issues, let us know your domain name.

bgenn

I have private messaged the domain name - the issue seems to be the .it registrar won't delegate the name servers until they can confirm the name servers it is being delegated to are set up correctly, and it seems like the zoneedit.com dns servers won't respond correctly until the domain is delegated. A catch-22.

Thanks.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
I see that you have delegated ZoneEdit name servers to the domain name via the domain name WHOIS record.

bgenn

Seemingly after 3 weeks, overnight it has all gone through. Appreciate the help in any case. Great to be up and running!