Can't Login to edit the Shopping Cart

wtrenker

About 10 years ago, I was a very satisfied ZoneEdit customer. Now I have a different domain and I am trying to evaluate the new ZoneEdit first.

I set up a new account this morning. When I try to login, after double-checking my username and password, all I get is an error message saying: Login attempt failed. I've followed the steps to reset my password, and that worked fine. (I have not changed the generated password, for now, to reduce the variables.)

I am trying to login in order to edit my shopping cart. I want to remove wtrenker.org which I have decided not to use, and use wtrenker.ca instead. So I thought I'd re-register wtrenker.ca to see what happens, but all I get is the error: An unpaid invoice already exists for this domain. It looks like I made a mistake, and I don't know what I've done wrong, or how to correct it.

So it looks like I am stuck. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
Bill

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again,

Hover over the User link at the top of the page and select the Invoices option. You can then cancel the current invoice and start again by cl=icking the Domain link at the top then the add a domain option.

regards.

wtrenker

Your timely advice enabled me to delete the old invoice and start over. You effectively resolved my problem quickly. Fantastic!

One question remains: how do I obtain a free domain? I registered wtrenker.ca. but that procedure generates an invoice charging me for one year and telling me the payment is due now. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, so much,
Bill

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
domain registrations themselves are not free.. only DNS services... the domain you are purchasing includes DNS services.

regards.