Can't find link to add Free DNS zone

dani s

Hi there,

I've been a very long time user of Zonedit (probably around 15+ years) and have 2 free domains registered to my account. I'm trying to add a third free domain but I can't see any links to adding any free existing domains on any of the add pages. I've been looking around the forum for the past half hour without success.

Please help? My username is dsarfati

Thanks in advance!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
reset the password reset stalled the update.

thanks and sorry bout that.
sandy

dani s

What is really strange is that I can't login to the account with the password that I've been using since you report when it works. (Yes i checked my spelling and everything, plus my password is cached in my browser)
That's I reset the password last time, looks like I might have to do the same thing next time which i imagine would cause the same result...?

Please help :) thanks a lot!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm... if the reset does not work let me know at access @ zoneedit.com make the email attention sandy
and I can do a manual reset for you.

thanks
sandy

Gregg Orangio

I apologize if it is inappropriate to 'glom onto' this thread, but I see that this is a common problem and hope to get it more generally understood.

I too cannot get the "free zones remaining" link on the "Add a Domain"(Sign Up) page. However I DID have it in late December (Dec 31st)! with my 3 free zones! Now it is gone! There must be something going on at ZoneEdit to cause this issue. Since I don't want to have to make a special request each time I want to use this (the way these forum threads make it appear to be happening), I'm hoping to fix this now and for the future.

So Sandy, can you help?????
--
GreggO

Gregg Orangio

"gorangio"
Someone in ZoneEdit support has restored my access to the 'free zones' but has not answered my question about why this happened and can it be prevented.

Thanks Sandy.

Gregg Orangio

THANKS Sandy! Here is your reply from the ticket so that others can understand the issue (underlined emphasis added by me):
-------------
hmmm, I cannot be certain.... sometimes a password change has set this off as a bug that we have worked on but i do not see a password change on your account...

I would have to say it was a porting issue when the account was first migrated from the legacy zoneedit interface to the new interface after the easyDNS purchase...

we have encountered a few of these but as the legacy interface was not ours we had no way to debug.​

sandy ZoneEdit​
-------------