Can't create free DNS zones

007bond007

Hello,

My girlfriend setup a website and I saw on your home page that 1 DNS Zone is free. I have a legacy DNS account that should allow me 5 domains free (I only have one) and it does not let me create any other free domains.

We created an account for her, as promoted on your site she should have been able to create one for free, but it forces us to buy credits.

Any ideas?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
when you add a domain for DNS services via the add a domain link it will state how many free zones are available and to click "HERE" to add one.
can you please let me know the particulars from the accounts and I can check for you.

thanks
sandy

daniel Brooks

Sandy! I, too, am having a hard time - I don't see any option or descriptor of how many free domains I have. Is there a problem with my account?

Peter Green

Forgive me for tagging on to this thread, but it seems relevant...

I too am a legacy user and was told in the e-mail messages I received during the takeover that I would continue to have 5 free domains, but I can not create them without purchasing credits.

I have one domain on the system that has been active for many years and I can login to my account, I just cannot setup any more free domains.

Can anyone here help please?

Thanks, Peter

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Peter, when you log into your account and click on "Add Domain" in the left hand menu, then in the next screen, look at the top right, do you see a text link that should say:

You have 4 free slots left. Add Free Domain.

If not, IM me your account, you won't see it if you've used a new account but I can get you into your old one.

- mark

Peter Green

Hey Peter, when you log into your account and click on "Add Domain" in the left hand menu, then in the next screen, look at the top right, do you see a text link that should say:

You have 4 free slots left. Add Free Domain.

If not, IM me your account, you won't see it if you've used a new account but I can get you into your old one.

- mark

Thanks! I must have missed that :-\

I have added one domain successfully! Again, many thanks :)