Bug with Bulk Deletion of DNS records in single page DNS editor

BSelwood

I managed to end up with over 3000 TXT records, (letsencrypt script gone wrong) so I was delighted to find I could tag an entire page of 250 records.

So I delete most of them and end up with 250 records which are mostly TXT and about 20 entries for the rest of the domain (I'm sure you can see where this is going ...)

So I tag the lot and then untag all the other TXT,NS, A, CNAME, SRV, etc records.

I check everything is perfect, pause for a few seconds, nahhh, I don't need to screenshot this in case it all goes wrong...

It went wrong and it deleted all records.... Good thing this is a personal domain otherwise it could have been a DCM event.

I can't seem to put a SOA record back in.

Also there's a minor bug where you select all records, hit delete and the select all option is still ticked after the page refreshes, you have to untick it before you can retick it.
If there's a backup for the domain, I would appreciate a copy of it, I'm sure I missed something.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there
sorry to hear this. what is the domain name of concern?

as well on the Domain Settings tab there is a backups link .. we keep the last four zone files available and they can be reloaded.

regards

BSelwood

breshay.org

I of course have made more than 4 changes since then, it was only useful information before I started to hand rebuild the domain.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
thanks. we will investigate this. as well for SOA please use the regular DNS editor or the SOA link in the DNS settings tab

regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again can you let me know the operating system and browser/version number type you were using when the error occurred?

regards