Zoneedit failing DDNS update, again...

digger

Second time this has happened. I opened a ticket last time, when free users could use the ticket system, and was told that it was due to the TTL being set to "zero". Well that is not the root cause obviously.

Zone file from Zoneedit shows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
vpn 600 IN A x.x.36.161 ; DYNAMIC/ONLINE
wiki 600 IN A x.x.38.141 ; DYNAMIC/ONLINE
www 600 IN A x.x.38.141 ; DYNAMIC/ONLINE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GUI from Zoneedit show:

GUI
vpn.<domain>.com
600 sec
x.x.38.141
wiki.<domain>.com
600 sec
x.x.38.141
www.<domain>.com
600 sec
x.x.38.141

Clearly there is something wrong.

I am using dynamic DNS to update the records.

Logs from ddclient:

Dec 06 12:36:31 <hostname> ddclient[111022]: RECEIVE: <html><head><title>Current IP Check</title></head><body>Current IP Address: x.x.38.141</body></html>
Dec 06 12:36:31 <hostname> ddclient[111023]: SUCCESS: vpn.<domain>.com: skipped: IP address was already set to x.x.38.141.
Dec 06 12:36:31 <hostname> ddclient[111024]: SUCCESS: wiki.<domain>.com: skipped: IP address was already set to x.x.38.141.
Dec 06 12:36:31 <hostname> ddclient[111025]: SUCCESS: www.<domain>.com: skipped: IP address was already set to x.x.38.141.

-Digger

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Digger,

We'll have our admins take a look and see if they can find anything further.

Thank you for the data you provided and for your patience.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Update:
The IP address on vpn host is updated, but the root cause is still under investigation.

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey folks.

We're having issues with the ez-ipupdate.php script since updating to PHP 7, our devs are looking into it.

I'll post here when we have a solution, or when the problem has been solved.

Marvin Gibson

I'm using DirectUpdate to keep my Dynamic IP updated. I haven't been using a token before and am not familiar where in the application the token would go. Do I put it where I would normally put the Domain/Host area?? I'm currently getting an error message that states "Some date were received that can't be interpreted 0x8183002e "

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Marvin,

The Dynamic Authentication Token replaces the Password. Your DirectUpdate should have a place to enter a username and password to authenticate the dynamic update changes. In the past, you used your Zoneedit Username and Password. However, that has changed where you should be using your Zoneedit Username and Dynamic Authentication Token.

Dynamic DNS Knowledgebase article is here: