Updated email address not being used for automated emails

pckel

I just logged in to the ZoneEdit service, and the service promptly sent me an email about it. The problem is that it sent it to the wrong email address. Some time ago, I updated my information on ZoneEdit to reflect my new email address. Still, the notification was sent to my old email address. I had to go in and double check that it was correct, and it was. The system doesn't take into account that someone might change their email address, in spite of giving the option to do so. My old email address will stop working in just a few days. My new email address is set in my preferences, and that's where my email should be sent.

pckel

OK, so browsing through the forum questions actually found the answer for me, which I didn't find by searching. Consider the problem solved.

In the Security section of the preferences, there's a part called Activity Notifications, which hold a separate entry for an email address... Strange way to do it...

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I'm glad you found it.

In some cases, our clients need that email address to be different than the account holder email address. When the account is originally set up, it uses the account contact email address to start, but subsequent updates to the account holder email address will not update that field.

pckel

Maybe a clarification, a text under the email field in preferences, to make it clear that there is another place to edit the email address as well, as I'm obviously not the only one struggling with this one?