The domain za.net is already on our systems.

rsachat148

Hi

My username is rsachat148. I've been registered with zoneedit since the old site many years ago

I recently logged in for the first time in many years as I want to modify an existing domain on my account, "rsachat.za.net"

I noticed the domain wasn't set to Free DNS, but regular DNS, and was on hold. I wanted to change it to Free DNS, so I deleted it, but when I tried to re-add it, I am seeing a weird error "The domain za.net is already on our systems.". it seems like zoneedit is not recognizing that .za.net is a domain registrar

Here is my proof that the domain points to zoneedit for primary and secondary authorative nameservers (remove spaces): www .za.net/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?domain=rsachat .za.net

Unless I can re-add the domain to my account, I will have no way of reclaiming the domain rights, as both the administrative and technical E-mail contacts point to the same domain (@rsachat.za.net) which now has no working authorative nameservers :( ...

Please can you help me re-add "rsachat.za.net" to my account "rsachat148", but as a Free DNS domain so that I can add a mail forward

Thank you..

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello there,

The reason it won't let you add the domain name to the system is that the registration of the domain name doesn't exist:

Whois has started…

No match for "RSACHAT.ZA.NET".
>>> Last update of whois database: 2020-06-06T16:08:05Z <<<

The domain name is required to be registered somewhere before our system will let you set up Free DNS services for it.

rsachat148

Hi Chris

I provided a link (just replace the spaces, i cant post full URL as the forum picks it up as spam) to the whois for the domain rsachat.za.net. I think you are using the wrong WHOIS server. It's not a ".net" domain, but a ".za.net" domain. The registrar is ZA NiC

Please can you just reinstate the domain on my profile ...

Thanks & Regards

rsachat148

You will see I have another .za.net domain (fragland.za.net) on my profile. it is registered in the same way, on the same registrar...

Thanks

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I see. It appears the system is unable to do a WHOIS lookup on that domain so it assumes it's not registered.

I'll add it in manually for you. I went to the NIC - za.net website and could verify it exists there.

Tip: When pasting a link in the forum, change the "http://" to "hXXp://" to avoid the spam filter.

rsachat148

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Awesome I can see the domain in my account again. Will test it out now to make sure everything is finally working again.
Thanks for the rapid & helpful support, Chris! Have a good one :D

rsachat148

Ah ok just a small problem still... If I click DNS, or try to apply a mailmap, I seem to be getting logged off with "No access" "You do not have authorization to access this part of the site.

Guessing I need to just wait a while for everything to take effect ? Tnx

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Does that happen often to you? Usually, if your IP address changes mid-session you'll be disconnected. It's a security setting.

If you keep encountering this problem, go up to the "USER:" menu at the top of your control panel and select "Preferences" from the drop-down list. Then scroll to the very bottom and mark the "Disable Session IP Checks" option to "yes". Click Done at the bottom to save the changes.

After that, you should be able to navigate around without issues. However, we do suggest that you set up some extra security on your account (like 2FA) if you haven't already.