Dynamic Setup with Router

ShayneBates

Have read the various support items about setup and would be grateful for any feedback about getting ddns to work.

I've defined a test host in the DNS subdomain "test" as the hostname

Using my zoneedit username and the dynamic authentication token suggested as the password.

Using the custom update URL as well (see image)

It's still not working. I tried pasting the URL in a browser and the username and password pops so it seems to be working at the zoneedit end.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Shayne

Attachments

• ddns mofi.JPG
    ddns mofi.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 8

ShayneBates

we do have an IP for test presently.. did you add the IP for the dyn record manually?

regards
Thanks Sandy

Yes I added a manually

The changed manually to a bogus number, awaiting the router to update it.

Any info about how I should set it up appreciated. (Included a pic in the last post)

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shayne.

I assume the username field has been left out for privacy reasons in your screenshot.

From our logs, it seems that your router isn't sending the proper hostname "test" with the update, however that could be a side effect rather than a cause.

Are there any errors when you try to run the updater?

ShayneBates

Tahn
Hi Shayne.

I assume the username field has been left out for privacy reasons in your screenshot.

From our logs, it seems that your router isn't sending the proper hostname "test" with the update, however that could be a side effect rather than a cause.

Thank you. Another image attached.

Questions:

- zoneedit is seeing my login and some info sent? (indicating the login with auth key is correct?)
- what is it sending? Are you getting an IP address? The current public IP is 107.77.80.46

I set the test host to .44 (bogus) to see it update when working.

Hope this all makes sense. I'm a newbie to this and keen to figure out what the router needs to send exactly

Attachments

• tbr ddns.JPG
    tbr ddns.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 1

ShayneBates

Tahn

Thank you. Another image attached.

Questions:

- zoneedit is seeing my login and some info sent? (indicating the login with auth key is correct?)
- what is it sending? Are you getting an IP address? The current public IP is 107.77.80.46

I set the test host to .44 (bogus) to see it update when working.

Hope this all makes sense. I'm a newbie to this and keen to figure out what the router needs to send exactly
I updated the zonedit host "test.TripleBeeRanch.com" at the link https://cp.zoneedit.com/manage/domains/dyn/

I noticed the TTL was 0 and changed that to 300. The changes seem to have stuck.

Then I disconnected the router and reconnected to the cellular band again to obtain a new IP address. The router is not updating zoneedit as before

Are you able to share what is missing and whether the Router is trying to do this?

Thanks

030, member: 4"]
Hi Shayne.

[/QUOTE]

ShayneBates

we do have an IP for test presently.. did you add the IP for the dyn record manually?

regards
I've emailed a couple of times about the DDNS not working, requesting info about what is seen at the zoneedit end, to try and figure out what is missing (router settings in attached photo).

Each time I login to zoneedit, I receive a login email from Zoneedit. This morning, I noticed that the IP Address from zoneedit is different from the one my router says is the external IP.

Would this have an impact? I assume its an additional problem since the DDNS is not updating at all.

Anyway zoneedit notified as 107.77.221.49 (mobile-107-77-221-49.mobile.att.net)
My router says 107.77.100.111

I really want to make this work, but if I cannot I'll need to go elsewhere. I've had this account for over 15 years.

Not to nag but I also tried to add a new domain and it would not allow me to without the purchase of credits. For some reason, the return to "5 free" as notified on the web page does not work. I previously moved those domains out, but would like to use those extra two. How is this fixed please?

Thank you

Attachments

• ddns.JPG
    ddns.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 4