DNS Registration Expires but unable to renew?

jrace

Hello,

I have a DNS name that is slated to expire (according to the WHOIS / DNS records) but I don't see any options to renew it within zoneedit.

When I perform a "Domain Registration Expiry Check" on zoneedit, under the SERVICE column it lists "Legacy Free DNS", the REGISTRAR column is blank and the EXPIRES column is blank.

What do I need to do to renew?
Will it renew automatically?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Jrace,

What is the domain name you're trying to renew?

You must have the domain loaded in the control panel by clicking the Manage link to the right of it under the All Domains section. There is a 'renew' link on the Service Management line when you're on the Domain Settings tab. - this is as long as easyDNS (our parent company) is the Registrar of Record.

jrace

Hi Chris,

thanks for the response!

Unfortunately I'm a bit worried about posting the name of the domain publicly, because if there is any possibility of someone snatching it, it could be very detrimental for our company...

Is there a private way I could share it?

When I perform a whois on the name, the expiry is listed in the past but it looks to still be registered with us... within the "Domain Registration Expiry Check" page, it still shows it under our account without any registrar information or expiry information... just "Legacy Free DNS" under the "Service" column.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I've started a private conversation with you which you can reply back with the domain name.