Brand New No clue

AshlarIvan

So i believe that zoneedit was at one time the host of Ashlarmechanical.com. Unfortunately the person they had taking care of it Lost the domain.
We registered a new domain Ashlarny.com and i was able to get the website file from the original developer. My employer would like me to take the old website
file and have it hosted under the new domain ashlarny.com , The problem is i am a network Admin not a webmaster . I have zero info on how this works or what my steps should be. I have not created a website since i was in school and we used Notepad to create HTML pages.

I would like to have zone edit host the site because according to tierra.net our MS records already point here. Anyway i am honestly at a lost and could use help desk or support to figure out what i need to do to have a website loaded to Ashlarny.com .

If i am going about this the wrong way and there is a direct way to contact Zoneedit Support . Please point me in the right directions

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Ivan

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
HI there
Can you please contact us at access @ zoneedit.com and we woll see what we can do to get you access. That said,. zoneedit is the domains DNS provider only, not the web host

regards.

AshlarIvan

Sandy thank you for the reply. We already have domain hosting at tierra.net and its paid for the next 5 years. So i apologize but i was told by tierra.net that our msrecords pointed to Zoneedit. So i guess i am barking up the wrong tree for information. I would go back to tierra net and see what other info i can get . I will also find a Host for the new website. Again thank you for the reply . We can close this post .

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
ashlarny.com is using zoneedit for DNS so if you wanted to make any changes to the zone file and keep zoneedit as the DNS provider you would need access to the zoneedit account that holds the domain.

regards.

AshlarIvan

I cant get into the account for ASHLARNY.Com .. Our users cant email to gmail accounts ,,, Our email provider saying i need to change the TXT records.. I wasnt not the I.T guy when any of this was registered and no one at my office has any idea..

My employer just wants it fixed and is all over me on it ... This it@ashlarny.com is generic for who ever is doing the I.T. but i cant guess the password or the 3 questions .. Im also not 100 percent that this is the correct email... I do know the domain is Ashlarny.com and its set up here...

Please help ...

Thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Please contact us at access @ zoneedit.com and we can work on getting you access to the account. You will need to be able to manage the domain at ts registrar, Registrar URL: https://www.tierra.net

regards.