Automating changes of TXT records in DNS

Good morning,

I am using letsencrypt.org to obtain server certificates and I require DNS server validation by adding a specific TXT record to my domain. This TXT record changes every 2 - 3 months.

I know I can do manually using the web interface of zonedit but I am looking for a way to automate the change of this TXT record (python script ? a dns API ?).

Is there any document that explain how to do that in zoneedit ?

Many thanks, Alberto Pace.

PS My exact requirement is explained here: github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh in chapter "8. Use DNS mode" and the following chapter "9. Automatic DNS API integration".

Hello,

I have the same issue, I would really like to use Let's Encrypt Certificates with DNS-based creation/renewal (dns-01). For this a script will need to add a TXT record to a temporary subdomain.

The issue is that Let's Encrypt will be offering Wildcard Certificates from January 2018 on, but these will only support the dns-01 method.

I don't know how flexible you are, but maybe adding Let's Encrypt support directly into the product would be impressive. It might even be easier to do this instead of creating a complete API.

I've been cleaning up my zoneedit account because I wanted to move a couple of domains over here from Namecheap, at least have the NS records point to zoneedit in the beginning and manage the domains here, but without an API/Let's Encrypt-Support I won't do this. I wanted to, because Namecheap's API is pretty bad (you have to update an entire zone instead of just records, which is a bit scary).

I've been using zoneedit for ages, thank you so much for the service and for respecting the legacy users.

Kind regards,
Daniel

@ahrasis

If you're asking because of Let's Encrypt certificates, take a look at this thread https:// community. letsencrypt. org/t/wildcard-via-manual-dns-editing/53647

You basically run your own DNS server only for the _acme-challenge subdomain (you need to do this for every subdomain you have, until Let's Encrypt offers wildcard certificates). That way you can add TXT records only for the _acme-challenge subdomain, which is the one which requires the TXT record for validation.

So for the _acme-challenge subdomain you add a NS record on zoneedit which points to your DNS server

@qwerto, what you said doesn't make sense to me. I know how to do it via other dns servers. I was referring to @sandy neal post where ZE hope to address it in the future and asking for its latest development. It's ok if ZE haven't or will not implement this.

Any news on this point ? I guess that Zoneedit would like to support Letsencrypt wildcards certificates and I am surprised this feature is not considered as a high priority ...

Alberto