_DMARC records not visible

JAndersen4

Please enlighten me as to why my "_dmarc.<domain-name>" TXT records (i.e. ones that start with an underscore character) are not visible in the new editor. They are definitely there (and have been for a LONG time). Sorry if I couldn't find an answer to this question already posted elsewhere in this forum. I couldn't find an easy way to search the historical records posted here.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello there,

The new editor uses the tag "DMARC" or "DKIM" for those types of TXT records. Use the search term "DMARC"; it should find the _dmarc record if you have one configured.

At any point, you can also hover over "DOMAINS" in the blue bar at the top of the control panel and select "DNS Settings" from the drop-down menu to view your zone via the old Modular Editor.

JAndersen4

I have tried the requested search and didn't find the record I know exists. Feel free to review and/or test with domain johnandersen.com for an example case where this problem exists currently.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. It looks like you found us a new editor bug which I've relayed to our devs.

However, the Modular Editor does show the record and it can be queried properly.

dig _dmarc.johnandersen.com txt

; <<>> DiG 9.16.27-Debian <<>> _dmarc.johnandersen.com txt
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 29292
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
; COOKIE: a5e1ee64d8e20e060100000065c6aa1ac58cdfcd3f6725b4 (good)
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_dmarc.johnandersen.com. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_dmarc.johnandersen.com. 600 IN TXT "v=DMARC1; p=reject; rua=mailto:support@johnandersen.com,mailto:q018r2ku@ag.dmarcian.com; ruf=mailto:support@johnandersen.com,mailto:q018r2ku@fr.dmarcian.com"

;; Query time: 116 msec
;; SERVER: 64.68.202.53#53(64.68.202.53)
;; WHEN: Fri Feb 09 22:41:30 UTC 2024
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 249

JAndersen4

Yes, I forgot to mention that I was able to confirm it still existed using your old editor version. Thanks for pointing out how I can still access that in the interim here.