"Your content can not be submitted." I can't post my technical question about getting locked out of cp.zonedit.com due to session check

superkuh

Hi. I attempted to write a post about how the session check for security has now banned all of my IPs from accessing cp.zoneedit.com and even though support@zoneedit.com said they disabled session check on my account I still can't log in. The post went into great detail. But then I found out your system will not actually let me post.

I get "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator." Yikes.

I tried altering aspects of my post about 10 times but nothing I did made the system stop thinking it was spam. Should I just go back to sending email to support@zoneedit.com? Or can someone explain what elements of forum posts are not allowed and get blocked so I can fix it? I'd quote it here but then *this* post would be blocked too.

*Edit*: I just tried to post it in reply to this thread but get the same error. I am not a new user either, I've been with zoneedit for almost 20 years.

superkuh

Okay, I I went and got myself another IP address. I was able to log in. I tried to add the TXT record "google-site-verification=..." and the instant I clicked "-> Next" in the manage/domains/txt/edit.php menu my brand new IP (from a newly rented VPS) got blocked too!

There is something very wrong with manage/domains/txt/edit.php that is triggering IP bans on cp.zonedit.com. It has nothing to do with IP switching during sessions and everything to do with adding TXT records to domains.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Please reply with either your ZoneEdit account name or one of the domain names on your ZoneEdit account. We can then take a look.

superkuh

Just in case anyone in the future has the same problems I was having, the issue was that the new zoneedit owners have implemented a more restrictive system for DNS TXT records. I had set up some joke TXT records many years ago that included HTML text and this triggered their new system into banning my IP every time I tried to change or add *any* DNS TXT record.

The solution was to comply with the more restrictive policies and have the joke/html DNS TXT record deleted.

Overall I'm very pleased with the zoneedit support on this issue. Especially for a free account like mine.

superkuh

Cancel that, I have been IP banned by cp.zoneedit.com *again* and this time it happened the instant I clicked my superkuh.com's A record link. So, I imagine it's zoneedit's new security system freaking out over something in my A records. Please do not delete any A records without consulting me if you investigate this problem. They are more important than TXT records.

Your email system says to open a new ticket. I've sent an email to support@zoneedit.com. Hopefully Les can figure out what's going on again.

Last edited: