Wildcard SSL certificates

Ivan Tan

Hello,
I'd like to purchase a SSL certificate for our domain, which is a web commerce store.
The domain is hosted elsewhere.
Currently, it has 2 sub-domains, aside from the main domain.
1. Can I purchase a single SSL certificate for each of the sub-domain or must I buy a wildcard SSL one?
2. After purchasing the certifcate, how do I add it to the web host? How will the certificate be transferred to us for our installation thru' cPanel?
That's all for now.
Thank you.
Regards,
Ivan

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

you can do either: purchase a single SSL certificate for each of the sub-domain or must I buy a wildcard SSL one?

Once the certificate has been purchased and approved via email the actual certificate will be emailed to you and at that point you would use the SSL area on Cpanel to install the certificate on that server. Hopefully the web host you are using can help with that...

sandy

Ivan Tan

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for your reply... so I went ahead an bought a single SSL certificate.
I have gotten an email with some installation instructions.
I can't seem to instal it right. At the verification link provided and after entering the subdomain dot my domain dot com it says this:
=========== Results ============
subdomain dot my domain dot com
This is not a Geotrust certificate.
Please contact the Certificate Authority for further verification.

Warnings
Root installed on the server.
For best practices, remove the self-signed root from the server.

Info
BEAST
This server is vulnerable to a BEAST attack. More information.

Certificate information
Common name:
subdomain.mydomain.com
SAN:
subdomain dot my domain dot com, www dot subdomain dot my domain dot com
Valid from:
2018-Feb-13 20:45:23 GMT
Valid to:
2019-Feb-13 20:45:23 GMT

Certificate status:
Unknown
Revocation check method:
Not available
============= End =============
I have already deleted the self-signed certificate, however the verification still shows the ss cert is still enforce.
Does it still exists somewhere else in the server. Do you have a clue what I'm not doing right?

Thank you
ivan

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry where are you entering .usa.bumwear.com and why the . in front of usa.bumwear.com abd not just usa.bumwear.com?
-

Ivan Tan

I just entered the "usa.bumwear.com", in the above verification link to test, and posted the results here. There were some issues with the top post that prevented me from entering, so I changed out the names.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
As its not a zoneedit server you are installing this on its very hard to support. May i suggest you contact your web host with the concern as they should know more about SSL certificate installation on the server type they are providing to their customers.