Mailmaps not getting emails due to "Too many concurrent connections" error.

rstarr

Mailmaps are not getting emails (free account). Senders are getting this error:
Code:
This message can't be sent right now. Please try again later. Too many concurrent connections opened., Cannot open mailbox.

1. Is this a known scalability issue? I see this regularly and feel like I've missed getting emails entirely before.
2. Anything I can do on my end to avoid/workaround/prevent?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
HI there.

I do not actually see this message on our system, however Gmail may be complaining due to the amount of messages they appear to receive, several per second. it's a lot of volume.

Would you be able to send in headers of this particular email error so we can see where the error is being generated.
and tobe sure the domain is s t a r r . correct?

regards.

rstarr

Thanks Sandy. Yes, domain is "starr.ca"
I don't think the email actually sent anywhere, it was a message from the sending server (via OWA), and appears to be fine now as I've sent and received a couple of emails in the last hour. Thus, I don't have a record of the full error or any headers. (Unless you know of a way to fetch the information you need).

Thanks,
R*

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry no.. these would be the sent/returned headers that did not go through ... so on Gmail ...

rstarr

I was originally sending the email from a non-gmail address via Outlook Web Access (outlook.office.com) and got the error when I clicked send, but it didn't actually send. So I have no record of the email being sent, and thus no headers to share. Unless I'm misunderstanding your request.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
oh I see... hmmm... we see quite a bit of spam that we are blocking but the vulume is quite large this may be setting off that error...