Mailmap prefixes?

RodAdams

Hello --

I'm looking to migrate my domain from a Google Workspace, and one of my tasks is reroute the email addresses to new destinations, likely various personal gmail accounts.

One thing that Gmail allows for is that you can issue mail with "+whatever" to your username, and have them all arrive in your mailbox. For example, "user+netflix@gmail.com" would go directly to "user@netflix.com", without needing any special setup.

Is there some way to recreate this effect with mailmaps? Perhaps have an entry like:
username* -> nameuser@gmail.com

this would forward any of:
username@mydomain.com
username+test@mydomain.com
username+netflix@mydomain.com

to nameuser@gmail.com?

Secondly, in all the screenshots and videos I've seen, I see only 5 spaces for mailmaps. Is this a limit, or can I add more? (I'd be looking at perhaps 10-12, more if the +extention feature isn't possible.)

Thanks!

beu

Hi Rod,

I was going to ask your first question when I saw you beat me to it :). Looking forward to the answer.

I can help with your second question. You can go to User>Preferences and then change the New Entries per Page setting.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. One-to-one mailmaps are not supported. Thank you Rob for providing the NEW ENTRIES PER PAGE settings info. Also, without changing the number of entries display, after creating and saving the maximum number of entries displayed, five more blank entries would be displayed.

beu

Hi El

I think what Rod was asking (and certainly what I am asking) is several many-to-one maps. See screenshot below:
1642886244193.png

RodAdams

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a place where we could request the one-to-many feature? I would value such a thing to easily merit a premium sub.