Dynamic DNS using DirectUpdate 4.7 problem

longcannon

I am using DirectUpdate 4.7 to update my IP for ZoneEdit (Already set Dynamic DNS A record)
However, each time my IP changes and DirectUpdate update my IP seems "successfull", I Still Need to login to ZoneEdit to "Confirm" my new IP. Otherwise, my IP did not changes. (It remains my old IP when Ping my domain. Of course the time lapse is long enough for TTL setting)

Is this bug? Or any workaround?

Thanks.

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
Hi, I see an update for one of your domains today, using a Synology DDNS Updater, not DirectUpdate. The update looked good but was already setting the same IP as was already in place, so it got a 201 result:

[info] <-@223.17.2X5.XX> SENDING: <SUCCESS CODE="201" TEXT="no update required for <your domain> to 223.17.2X5.XX" ZONE="<your domain>">

longcannon

Thanks Markjr for your reply. Yes, the Synology DDNS Updater seems working well but the Direct Update 4.7 is NOT. Direct Update 4.7 works well previously.

When I using DirectUpdate 4.7, the IP address looks "updated" when I opened ZoneEdit web site to review, in fact, it is not working until I manually "confirm" the dynamic IP in your web site.

I need to use Synology DDNS updater and Directupdate because I have 2 web server, one is by Synology NAS and another one is by Windows Apache, so I need to use Directupdate in Windows. They have different Domain name but point to same IP.

Is this a bug or how to workaround?

Thanks again.

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
Are they both updating hostnames within the same domain? If not, shoot me the other domain (PM is fine)

longcannon

I have 2 domains, first one is "cancercentre.hk", which use DirectUpdate 4.7 and have problem as mentioned.
Another is "cancerdoctors.hk" and use Synology NAS with buildin DDNS Updater and seems working well.
These 2 domains point to the same or maybe diffent IP as I am now in testing phase.

I wonder if your recently updated server not compatible with DirectUpdate 4.7. I keep the same parameters in DirectUpdate 4.7 which works perfect previously.

Thanks again, Markjr.

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
I' m not seeing any updates coming in for cancercentre.hk, are you sure your client is still hitting dynamic.zoneedit.com ?