Dynamic DNS Client

GregObleshchuk

Hi Mark,
Thanks I now have a working service which is configurable.
Next I will clean the code up and make the configuration screen a bit simpler. THen I will post a link back here so it people want to use it they can.

thanks for your help
Greg

Mike Garfield

Any chance someone can suggest a decent client for a Mac OS? The Java script is really fiddly and every time it tries to send an update it asks for the password, which really defeats the object for a remote security camera application.... and is it only active when a browser window is open? I'd prefer a client that could run in the background and be independent of all other activity.
When I set it up and start the updater (Green OK) I still cannot see the URL, and I get this message when I browse to my URL:

'An error has occurred and we cannot URL forward this request. This may be a temporary error. Please try again later.'

Mike Garfield

Hi Mark,
Not sure where that .plist file would be, I've looked in library/application support and library/preferences but not found. Could you provide the full path?
The client instals very easily and it looks pretty simple to use, as soon as I sort out the .plist I should be okay
Thank you!
Mike

Guy Taschereau

I am also trying to set that up. But I'm new at iMac and not sure how to modify that. Is there a step by step procedure somewhere?

I open the package, and found the file, but it won't let me edit it. They force me to make a duplicate file. But still... not too sure on how to change that line above. I see no more info part wednesday. Was this solved?