DD-WRT DDNS client (INADYN) server response interpretation

green

Help me to solve the following situation. I don't know, is it a bug or just misconfiguration, so you can move this thread to corresponding forum.
All worked fine till several days ago, when my 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' started to behave strange. It has become to update the address not every router boot, but when it updates, the log indicates strange server answer interpretation. Here is the example (session ID is masked).
Code:
Thu Oct 21 18:57:18 2021: W:INADYN: Response Code: 1
Thu Oct 21 18:57:18 2021: W:INADYN: Error validating DYNDNS svr answer. Check usr,pass,hostname! (HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:57:18 GMT
Server: Apache
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=<MASKED>; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Length: 225
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

)
And the client tries to update the address every 10 minutes, flooding the log with exacty same text (just date/time and session ID varies). Please, help me to understand, what's wrong with my client? Or with the server? What was changed at ZoneEdit side? Can it be changed back? How could I reconfigure my client to solve this?​

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
HI again

Ok...

it doesn't need to check in with our dynamic updater service every 10 minutes, it can just check if the IP's changed that will be fine.. So that's the DYN client filling the logs.
We are not sure about the datecode for expiry? 19th November 1981?
The error returned is puzzling as the connection is properly authenticated: Check usr,pass,hostname!

It could be the ddns client itself...

we are getting an HTTP 200, so it is authenticating and updating properly.

green

it doesn't need to check in with our dynamic updater service every 10 minutes, it can just check if the IP's changed that will be fine..
Of course, I know that. But the client thinks that the server answer is erroneous, and tries to repeat the procedure in hope it gets the anwer it interpretes as OK. I see that the server answers '200 OK' and the address updates successfully, but could someone explain me, what leads the client to the wrong interpretation? It seems that several days ago there were no such a problem. What was changed at ZoneEdit side? Nothing at my side, anyway.
We are not sure about the datecode for expiry?
It's your server reply! I wandering, why so? What do you think? What the devs think?
The error returned is puzzling as the connection is properly authenticated…
It puzzles me too… Please, help me to solve this puzzle! Let's do it together. How can I help?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
The situation is still under review by our admins. There won't be any progress on the weekend, but it will likely be continued next week.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
for: '200 OK'
This is a standard http response., the router may be misinterpreting it. additionally.. it appears the software you are using is out of date: An update maybe beneficial here:

regards.