Zone credits - usable to buy the domain?

mls

When buying the domain, is that separate from the Zone credits? For example, if I buy the 120 credits for $75, do I also need to pay $16 for the domain... or does it automatically deduct it from my credits? I have to submit a PR for work.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there
Credits cannot be used for domain registration. domain transfers or domain renewals...

regards.

Reactions: mls

sundansx

your webpages seem to have conflicting info. On the "your credits/credits status" page it says:
it says: "...and if credits are not purchased to renew the domain within 30 days, it will be deleted."
however, on the credits purchase page it says:
"...Credits cannot be used for domain name registrations or renewals..."

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
is the full line you are looking at:
Domains (zones) consume credits on a monthly basis to remain active. These domains will automatically consume a credit each month with no action needed on your part. To stop the consumption of credits by a zone, simply delete that domain. If you have no credits left in your account to consume, a zone will display a warning to visitors coming to your website through our nameservers indicating that the domain has expired, and if credits are not purchased to renew the domain within 30 days, it will be deleted.

if so the paragraph refers to Domains (zones), which is DNS only, not registration or renewal of an actual domain name.

regards.