We are experiencing technical difficulties (ca)

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Chris,

Our apologies. There is still an issue with the DYN system. We'll have that corrected asap.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello,

Our development team is aware of the continued error and will do their best to resolve the matter. We (once again) apologise for this and will work towards resolving the issue as soon as possible.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
UPDATE: I've been informed by our devs that the problem with "We are experiencing technical difficulties (ca)." should be resolved. Can you (or anyone that reads this thread as well who was encountering the problem), please try again and let us know if it works for you.

liucent

UPDATE: I've been informed by our devs that the problem with "We are experiencing technical difficulties (ca)." should be resolved. Can you (or anyone that reads this thread as well who was encountering the problem), please try again and let us know if it works for you.
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your help. But the error message is still in my router. I also try to send request to dynamic.zoneedit.com directly. Unfortunately, with the same error message.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Could you try rebooting the device and see if there is any change? We've updated some code so there may be some caching?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Ok, Thank you for testing, liucent. We'll continue to work on resolving the issue.

RichardG

Hi Chris,

After tracking down my DDNS update failures I found this forum post, describing the exact issue I'm seeing as well :)

Have you been able to track down the root cause? And out of sheer curiosity, does 'ca' refer to Certificate Authority problems?

Kind regards,

- Richard.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hi Richard,

Our devs do know the cause and have made several attempts to fix it.

"does 'ca' refer to Certificate Authority problems?" - I do believe it is (or was) related to the certificate due to an update that was done on the DDNS server.

RichardG

Hi Richard,

Our devs do know the cause and have made several attempts to fix it.

"does 'ca' refer to Certificate Authority problems?" - I do believe it is (or was) related to the certificate due to an update that was done on the DDNS server.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update! Do they have any idea why this seems to continue being a problem? Is there a workaround, perhaps? By sheer coincidence my IP address changed, so I actually need to update the record, and it's been failing for the past 14 hours.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion you might have,

- Richard.

RichardG

Tip for others reading this and urgently needing to get their IP address updated: do it by hand from the website.

- Richard.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Thank you, for informing the rest of the post readers, Richard. Your follow up question came in after I had left the office. The Dynamic records can indeed be done through your Zoneedit control panel. You can go into the DNS Editor (Modular Editor) and make the changes there. You can also click on the DNS Settings tab and find a link there.

Support Article here:

xchris

Hi,

I am not sure if that is the reason I unable to access a small IoT ? I am setting the DDNS from the router
and the only I can see on the log is #

DDNS failed to update, domain=XXXXXX, response=other

also while I am loggin to my account there, there is some banner on the tab (under new management)
-sorry I am not aware if you keep or kick the free DDNS users ..?

in addition, I tried to "update" the dynamic dns -here- on my account, manually with the router's IP, nothing happened.
so check pls if your web interface is broken too.