Unable to modify domain.

JadonSmith

Hi
I am unable to add, delete or change anything on one of my domains.
The domain is freshlettus.com.au.
I get an update email saying someone updated the domain, however when I look back at the domain it is the same. Even the backup diff's show it as being the same.

How can I get this fixed?

Thanks
Jadon

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

Can you try to add a test host record.. an A record where the host is test and the ip is the word PARK,

regards

JadonSmith

Hi Sandy
I already have a test entry for a live test system, so I tried your suggestion with test1 A record and the work PARK as the IP.
It all goes through as if it has worked but when checking the domain immediately after, the record is not there and the only thing in the backup diff is this.
7,8c7,8
< ; generated: 08-May-2020 16:34:18 local time
< ; 08-May-2020 20:34:18 GMT
---
> ; generated: 08-May-2020 02:06:20 local time
> ; 08-May-2020 06:06:20 GMT
13c13
< @ IN SOA dns0.zoneedit.com. zone.zoneedit.com. 1588970058 3600 600 604800 300
---
> @ IN SOA dns0.zoneedit.com. zone.zoneedit.com. 1588917980 3600 600 604800 300

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
oh wait .. maybe I misunderstood.. can you reply with a copy of the domain updated message you received.

regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry for the delay .. this should be fixed now ..can you please confirm from your view.

regards.

JadonSmith

Hi Sandy.
I was working for a moment and now it is not again.
I think I know what breaks it. Both times this has happened, the last thing I tried to do was try to change a Dynamic DNS record from dynamic to be a cname. Which gives be a blank white page on the update and then nothing will update after that.
I tried restoring from the backups and now my entire zone has been wiped!!!!!

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. We have restored the zone for you from the oldest backup.

JadonSmith

Hi Thanks for that, however all entries in that zone now do not resolve and I am unable to edit the zone as it says some errors need to be fixed.
1589332528638.png

JadonSmith

Hi, this is now a rather major issue for us as the entire zone does not resolve any addresses.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. We've restored the zone again. All hosts, including your dynamic host names pointing to internal addresses, are resolving now.

JadonSmith

Hi thanks again for your help. I did notice that most of the DYNDNS records had a full stop at the end of the ip address. Im not 100% sure if that was causing the issue but I went and edited all of them to remove that extra full stop and things are working again.
Again, not sure if you fixed it before that or the full stops were breaking it, but it is working again.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome. We also noticed the periods at the end of the IP addresses and worked to remove them.