Unable to delegate subdomain

nosiuodkrywca

Hi!
I wanted to use my subdomain of an already purchased domain to delegate it for DDNS. I am unfortunately unable to add subdomain (error: the domain doesn't exist), even though I had added the nameservers records long ago to my existing DNS entries.
I was able to add the main domain and everything was working fine, but for one week, and after that, my domain was deleted (reason: it was never delegated).
What can I do to add my subdomain and delegate it permanently?
Thanks everyone in advance!

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. In order for DNS info, including subdomains, to work as set up on ZoneEdit, the root domain name needs to be delegated to ZoneEdit name servers. The root domain name is not delegated to ZoneEdit name servers.

nosiuodkrywca

Hi. In order for DNS info, including subdomains, to work as set up on ZoneEdit, the root domain name needs to be delegated to ZoneEdit name servers. The root domain name is not delegated to ZoneEdit name servers.
I was able to do this years ago, but needed to change the subdomain (not even the root domain name). Back then I entered the subdomain for the registration process and everything worked fine. Has something changed recently?

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. You can add just a subdomain to ZoneEdit, but the NS records for the subdomain must be updated in the authoritative name servers for the root domain name for this to work. We may not be able to automatically verify this sort of delegation, but if you inform us it has been done, we can manually verify and set the subdomain name to active on the ZoneEdit account.

nosiuodkrywca

Hi. You can add just a subdomain to ZoneEdit, but the NS records for the subdomain must be updated in the authoritative name servers for the root domain name for this to work. We may not be able to automatically verify this sort of delegation, but if you inform us it has been done, we can manually verify and set the subdomain name to active on the ZoneEdit account.
I've made the appropriate NS records for the subdomain, both dns1 and dns2.zoneedit.com are set. I'd be really grateful if you could add the subdomain manually.
The name is: [edited for privacy]

Last edited: