transfer domain

KChan

I have submitted the request to transfer domain on May 1 but the domain is still not tranferred to zoneedit. Can you help to check why? The domain is genevaddns.com. Thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
HI there

The transfer has already completed and currently has an active Whois link.

regards.

KChan

Hi Sandy,

But I tried nslookup with google name server 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. It does not always resolve the ip. 5 out of 10 times returned failed for the hosts under this domain.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hmm it seems fine for me and is returning fine on dns1.zoneedit.com and 8.8.8.8.
can you reply with a copy of a failed lookup?

regards.

KChan

I checked again and it seems ok now. One more question, is there have any dns service interruptions if I move my domain from one account to another with zonedit? Thanks.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. There is no service disruption of any sort if you move domains between ZoneEdit accounts.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. Look for the MOVE link under the DOMAIN SETTINGS section for the domain name. You just need to type in the user name you want to move it to and check off that you understand you're moving the domain name to another user.

dirkn

Hi Sandy,
I cannot find any button/action that allows me to transfer my my domain *away* from zoneedit.com with an EPP code. The instructions provided on the support page how-to-transfer-away-from-zoneedit do not help because many buttons just don't exist or are not functional. Maybe this is a limitation due to having an 'Legacy Free DNS' account. Also under 'domain details' I see 'Transfer Away Action: NOT SET' which could be of some relevance. Note: I still want to keep the dns services of the 'Legacy Free DNS' account that I had before moving the registration to zoneedit.com. I tried to send this request to standard support before but the password they supplied just doesn't work.
I thank you in advance for your advice or help.

dirkn

Hi Sandy, the account name is dirkn and it is the only domain in these, a .ch domain, thanks and regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
got it on your members page please click the Get support link... make the subject line Attn sandy and in the body of the message req

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry .. please make the request in the body for the auth code for opture.ch. and I can reply to that message..

regards

dirkn

Hi Sandy, Get support link requires password, which does not work, and get-auth-code button does not exist (get-auth-code button under "Domain Security' is also shown in support page how-to-transfer-away-from-zoneedit, but does not exist in my account).

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
when you log into your zoneedit account.. are you manually entering the password or is the browser entering it as a saved password for you?

regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
ok please send an email to access @ zoneedit.com and add attn Sandy to the subject line and request the auth code and we can take care of
the authorization that way.

regards.