SSL paid for, still waiting for approval mail

Trish_P

I submitted and paid for a single server SSL certificate last night. It shows as pending in the control panel, probably waiting for the approval process to finish. I'd finish the approval process, but I still haven't received the email to do that.

I've done SSL certificates from other suppliers for several years now and I didn't expect it to be instant, but I've never had to wait more than a few hours before. Additionally, in the initial confirmation email after my purchase provided the following information:

Should you have questions about this process, please contact "easyDNS Technologies Inc." at hostmaster@easydns.com.

There was very little additional information other than that an email would be sent to my admin account to tell me how to approve the request.

After confirming that I had not yet received any emails, I emailed the included address this morning to inquire about timing, and there's been no response so far. Again, is this to be expected?

In this day of near-instant payments, it's also common to have near-instant gratification, and when that doesn't happen it makes your customer nervous when there's no explanation of what to expect. It would probably be a good idea to include information in that thank you email about what to expect in terms of timing, and/or a link to a web page that describes what the process and timeline look like.

Meanwhile, what CAN I expect about timing and response? I have to carve out time to get the cert added to my system, so knowing WHEN to expect something to happen would be helpful.

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
Usually when this happens the issue is that your domain's whois record can't be automatically parsed by the CA, I can check into it. Can you IM me the domain name?