Should I update my DNS record to the ones assigned by Zoneedit?

Bunklung

I have an older account and the DNS records have been in effect for a while. There were assigned to me by Zoneedit for the two domains have have.
They are NS13, 17, 12 and 5.

However, when I look at what should be assigned they both now say NS1 and NS2. Should I update these or leave them as is?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

click the Manage link next top a domain name.. select the Tools tab.. click the Bind Format link and you can check which nameservers are delegated to the domain. These nameservers should also be delegated at the domains registrar.

regards

Bunklung

Well, these are delegated, because I set them that way a very long time ago. The Bind Format is the same value I have self assigned. I am pretty certain if I change it, it will reflect in the Bind Format. Now, when i click on Domain Settings -> Domain Information -> Nameservers I get:

The following nameservers can be used with this domain:

• dns1.zoneedit.com
  • dns2.zoneedit.com

In the past they were NS13, 17, 12 and 5.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi again .. I see... for should you? no there is no reason to change which zoneedit nameservers are delegated to domains.. New added domains wil use the DNS1 types host names... all the ns17. ns13 etc are all still valid nameserver host names.

regards