Setting up zoneedit with a sagemcom rac2v1s

mov51

I have an account already setup and registered with zoneedit and have been using the service for the better part of 3 years. However I had to recently change my router to the one mentioned in the title and it does not offer native support for zoneedit like my last one did. It does however offer a custom server feature, my admin and I have been trying a number of different settings for each of the fields but they all seem to result in a status of error.

I have manually set the IP in zoneedit to 0.0.0.0.1 so I can see if it updates. The options I have are in this screenshot.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello there,

The information, for the most part, looks to be correct. Though, I don't know what the "request" field is trying to do? Maybe try leaving that blank?

Also, ensure the "password" is using the Dynamic Authentication token from the DYN Record section and not your actual Zoneedit user password.

Let me know if anything changes.

mov51

I am using the token instead of my password, that was one of the first things I realised was different after looking at zoneedit again. Leaving the request field blanks still gives a status of error. I can't find any errors in the router logs though.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hmm, ok. Have you tried dynamic.zoneedit.com as the server and possibly try using port 80 in case there's something wrong with talking through 443? Just a few thoughts of what can be changed for troubleshooting purposes.

mov51

Sadly still nothing. I can't find anything about the dynamic dns option in the online manuals either. 1586361812544.png

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Ok, try this in the server field:

api.cp.zoneedit.com/dyn/generic.php

mov51

Still getting an error status. I tried with both 443 and 80 as well as placing everything past the / into the request field.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Unfortunately, there is not much to go on. I also tried to search online for the manual on that device and did not find anything helpful.

It is apparent, from the logs that I checked for April 8th, that the device is not reaching us at all. There should be some indication in the router logs of what it's doing, but you say there is nothing? You may need to reach out to the maker of the device to seek assistance.

However, I did notice today that the IP address was updated. Did you get the device working or was that a manual update through your Zoneedit control panel?

mov51

We decided to just use ddclient on our main server and skip the router. Not the best, but it solves the issue for now. Thank you for your help!

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Ok, excellent work-around. I'm glad you were able to find an alternative!

Take care for now!