Setting Up Dynamic DNS For Your Domain

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
This was likely due to a system issue last night which was not allowing the zone records to be saved. It was affecting all records and has since been fixed.

imnlfn

I have consistently been receiving a "We are experiencing technical difficulties (ca)." message when trying to update Dynamic DNS, since last night.

Is there something legitimately wrong or am I not doing something correctly?

sproskin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

It has been reported from our developers that this issue with the Dyanmic system should now be resolved.

chudnovs

Hi.
I am using Edimax 6228nS router, that supports ZoneEdit by a firmware update client. Trying to setup updates for my domain (fibrosys.club)
However, nothing updates, after router being rebooted (I expect, that router posts its external IP to the domain DYN record). Can you, pls, have a look at your logs, what is going on?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello,

No DYN connections are showing up in the logs for that domain. It doesn't appear the dynamic updates are reaching us at all.

Edit: I searched the logs from September 24th to Today.

chudnovs

Hello,

No DYN connections are showing up in the logs for that domain. It doesn't appear the dynamic updates are reaching us at all.

Edit: I searched the logs from September 24th to Today.
Thanks, Sept.24 is pretty fine... I feel like this router model has some internal bug, and just does not send requests to ZoneEdit. Are you aware of any such issue with the same manufacturer? (Just in case you are...)

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Unfortunately, I've looked up some info via forums and Google and couldn't see anything in particular but it was a brief search. Sorry about that.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
I took another look and found some docs here:
https://www.edimax.com/edimax/mw/cu.../BR-6428nS_V3_BR-6228nS_V3_Manual_English.pdf

The key section would be: III-3-3-2. DDNS

I assume you have the following set:

Enable/Disable: Enable
Provider: Zoneedit
Domain Name: fibrosys.club
Account/Email: (your zoneedit username)
Password/Key: (your DYN Authentication Token)

If that is set and we're not seeing a connection then it might be some other configuration issue with the router. I see there are different versions for that model (V2, V3, etc..). Do you know if yours is an older model and/or how old it actually is?

Hopefully, you're able to figure something out.

chudnovs

I took another look and found some docs here:
https://www.edimax.com/edimax/mw/cu.../BR-6428nS_V3_BR-6228nS_V3_Manual_English.pdf

The key section would be: III-3-3-2. DDNS

I assume you have the following set:

Enable/Disable: Enable
Provider: Zoneedit
Domain Name: fibrosys.club
Account/Email: (your zoneedit username)
Password/Key: (your DYN Authentication Token)

If that is set and we're not seeing a connection then it might be some other configuration issue with the router. I see there are different versions for that model (V2, V3, etc..). Do you know if yours is an older model and/or how old it actually is?

Hopefully, you're able to figure something out.

Hi, Chris, I am really amazed by your attitude))))
Yes, I have all thosse manuals downloaded and studied. Yes, all mentioned settings are applied. I also have attempted this router on both the older and newest firmware (my model is v1, bought somewhat in 2012), so I have tested it from v1.14 through v1.28 of firmware.

I have already asked Edimax support about the issue, while have set up my always on android tablet to make ddns updates with ddns updater app, compatible to zoneedit. So the problem is minor, as for now.
I will update you on how it is resolved by manufacturer. I believe, that the problem is on their side, as all other services and apps can easily perform.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Ok great. I'm hoping they can resolve the matter for you. I look forward to any update/fix the vendor is able to provide you.

andrezinho

Hello there, is there a way to successfully configure the Synology NAS Zoneedit DYN DNS client to update a host entry on my domain in Zoneedit?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 21.58.26.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-10 at 21.58.08.png

All my attempts fail with invalid auth, unable to connect and so on.
Many thanks.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
with authentication failures... are you using the proper zoneedit user ID and are you using the accounts password or dynamic auth token?

andrezinho

with authentication failures... are you using the proper zoneedit user ID and are you using the accounts password or dynamic auth token?
Hi, thanks for the response.
This is not a router, it's a Synology NAS. Yes I am using my correct user ID and get auth failures either with my correct password or an auth token.
Do I need to register the Dynamic host on the control panel prior to configuring my home equipment or not?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry we'll need the domain name to access our logs on this.
Adding the dyn records first should not be required but it may help...

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
i see dyn entries for the dyn record now.... fs.domain.com did you enter that IP manually?