Register .ca Domain Names

westofsa

Hi

Is there a reason why I cannot register a new .CA Domain Name through Zone Edit ? I can see that I can register other options such as .com, .net, .info etc, but was considering using a .CA for my new domain name. Not opposed to using a .COM if that is the option just my preferred domain name has a .com name that is very similar and wanted to avoid it if I could

Thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

Zoneedit is not yet a .ca registrar. We hope to add the service in the not so distant future so please stay tuned for an announcement when its ready.

thanks
sandy

westofsa

Hi There

If I want to transfer a .CA at this time, can I do so ? If not directly with ZoneEdit at the moment can I possibly transfer to EasyDNS, but then still use ZoneEdit as my DNS provider for now. I am trying to avoid needing to update DNS entries etc in two different interfaces. Once ZoneEdit becomes a .CA registrar I could then transfer over ?

Thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

Yes. you could transfer the domain name to easyDNS and continue to use zoneedit for DNS services.. then transfer the domain to Zoneeedit when .ca registrations become available.

thanks
sandy

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
.CA could be live this week. We have the integration finished we just need to turn it up.