question on transferring domain

Joe Marton

When I logged into my account I saw a message about getting private registration free if I register a new domain or transfer an existing one. I went through the process to transfer my existing domain and that generated an invoice of $12. What's not clear is if that truly does include private registration or not. Can anyone confirm that when I complete this, I will still have private registration and that my existing registration will be extended by a year?

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
Hi Joe, both transfers and registrations include the private registration. If you didn't enable whois privacy on the transfer in before you submitted it, you can turn it on once the transfer completes.

NickR2

I have paid the invoice to transfer my domain registrar from ENOM to ZoneEdit.
The messages says it needs to be unlocked.
Is there anything I have to do to make that happen?

Is there anything I have to do to in order for my website and all Email forwards to continue working once the Registrar is changed?

Do you have Web Hosting Services?

Thanks! NickR2

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
You need to unlock the domain from the Enom side. There is a setting in your control panel to do that (I believe it's called "transfer lock" under your "general settings" for the domain.

Make sure you enter all your email forwarding info here (and any other DNS settings) under your mailmaps etc. prior to switching your nameservers over to zoneedits.

Zoneedit doesn't have web hosting but easyDNS (Zoneedit's parent co) has easyWEB

NickR2

Thank you, Mark,

Its now unlocked.

Question: "enter all your email forwarding info here"

Where? I had a FREE DNS account with ZoneEdit before, and it has been working fine.
Are there any changes that need to be made now that the registrar has been changed from ENOM?
...and if so, how would know what to change them to??

Thanks again.
NickR2

markjr

easyZone CEO
Staff member
Oh, if the domain is already on our nameservers, setup and functioning then it's fine.