Problems with email mapping, mails are not delivered

Since last friday (august 20th) we have problems with receiving mails. It started in the afternoon around 14:00h (CET). On saturday we received the delayed mail and it worked again. But since yesterday the forwarding stopped again.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. There is more than one domain name on the ZoneEdit account, and destination addresses are at different email services. Are you reporting all mailmaps affected?

On schuijffel.eu we seem to receive a part of the mails, on schuijffel.com I receive nothing. I added some other (extra) destination addresses, which do work. The problem I have is when mail is mapped to @ziggo.nl and @home.nl addresses.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Ziggo's server(s) are throttling our connections. We're looking to see if we can do anything about it. Please try contacting the ISP to find out why they're blocking us.

Did you get any further with the problem? I informed my ISP, but haven't got any answer yet. Could you tell mee which server addresses (names) you use to deliver the mail to the ISP's? Maybe that will give them some clue.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
The usual Zoneedit forwarding server is mx-caprica.zoneedit.com:

host mx-caprica.zoneedit.com
mx-caprica.zoneedit.com has address 64.68.198.23
mx-caprica.zoneedit.com has address 64.68.198.24

We have put a shunt in place to get mail flowing at some point, but it looks like they may have started throttling it was well:

host shunt02.easydns.com
shunt02.easydns.com has address 64.68.203.25

I don't know what is done by who, but it seems that the problem is solved since early this morning. At this moment it is even faster than before!

Have you made some changes last night?

I hope it will stay this way

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Nope, no changes on our end were made. They either had us temporarily blocked or received enough customer complaints that they took a closer look and realised we shouldn't be blocked.

It is good to hear it's working again. Let us know if you see any reoccurrence.