New to ZoneEdit Credits

gkeeton

I am not an IT person and I laid off the person handling it. I need to understand this a little more so I can manage my account.

I just received an email about the expiry date of one of my domains. Does that mean that the domain account needs more credits? The other domain appears to have 106 credits, I think it was updated last year. Is a credit good for 1 month, meaning if I purchase the 120 credits that the domain is secure for 10 years?

Thank you.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
what is the domain name of concern? Credits cannot be used for domain name registrations or renewals. Domain name registrations and renewals as well as SSL certificate orders and renewals can be done via credit card or PayPal payments only.

thanks

gkeeton

KDENT.com and kdentinc.com

I am under the impression I need to buy credits but I don’t understand how they work??

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
the domain kdent.com is registered with zoneedit. do you have access to the members page at cp.zoneedit.com that holds the domain name?
You would need to click the Renew link on the domains settings page to generate a renewal invoice. Credits cannot be used for domain registration renewals.

thanks

gkeeton

I appreciate your response but I still have not gotten an answer to my question. What are the credits for and do I need to purchase more?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
credits are used for DNS services and add on features like back up MX and host monitoring/failover DNS. It does not appear that your account has used any credits since June 2018. Do you have access to the account at cp.zoneedit.com ? at this point it would be best of we could communicate via our secure ticketing system.