Moving my domain to a new registrar

paulcalif

I have 5 domains all with different registrars. I've decided to move them all to Hover.com.
2 of my domains are currently with Zonedit - Once I move the domains to the new registrar, what will I need to do here at Zonedit if anything??

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

It depends if the domains are using any zoneedit services and if you wanted to continue using zoneedit for DNS. Can you pl;ease let me know the domain names of concern?

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
ahh I thought the domains were registered with zoneedit.... will you be using Hover for DNS services as well? If so, click the Tools Tab for the domains and then click the Zone File check tool to get a copy of the zone file in BIND format. You will need that to enter zone data with the new DNS provider. If you are planning to continue using zoneedit for DNS then there is nothing to do save maintaining your zoneedit account so you can make zone file modifications as required.

I hope this helps.

thanks
sandy

paulcalif

It's a little confusing to me. I would guess that Hover assumes that I will be using their DNS service. All I know is, that Zonedit makes it easy for me to redirect my site to another site. I'm not even sure I said that right.
Once I finalize the transfer I'll try to figure this out. Thanks for helping!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
not a problem.
Once the transfer are complete and you need any further assistance just let me know

thanks
sandy