Locked out of your account? Help for account access issues.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

do yo mean for the zoneedit web hosting plans? and for CSR I am not sire what you mean. zoneedit dos offer SSL certificates but not one with a shared CSR... ??

regards

bcbenji

Hi Sandly,

I was making some changes to the primary DNS settings. Web page froze, so I closed the page and tried to login again.

Now login page won't load but even when I try to login to forums, the error says my account doesn't exist.

Username & pass are saved in my browser so there has been no change.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Happy Christmas,

Benji

leweljun

Hello, I also could not login with my account. My username and password is saved in browser (same as post #102)
I checked with my saved password list and manually use it but still could not login.
The domain name used is azure-haus dot com

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
There is a brute-force security function which will lock your account if you fail 5 times in a row. It is temporary and the lock will remove after a period of 20 minutes. The reason I say this is there were 18 failed login attempts on the 10th for your account all within an hour period.

Even if you do a password reset, the account will be locked for those 20 minutes. If you attempt to log in during those 20 minutes, the timer is reset from that last login attempt.

leweljun

There is a brute-force security function which will lock your account if you fail 5 times in a row. It is temporary and the lock will remove after a period of 20 minutes. The reason I say this is there were 18 failed login attempts on the 10th for your account all within an hour period.

Even if you do a password reset, the account will be locked for those 20 minutes. If you attempt to log in during those 20 minutes, the timer is reset from that last login attempt.
I see. Thank you for the reply.

ventolin

Hi,

I'm locked out of my account. I use a password manager and am certain that the password stored in it is (was?) correct, however it doesn't work. Nor can I answer 2/3 of my password reset security questions.

Can you please help me on this matter? Username is "aengus".

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. Please reply to the email sent to address on file for your account.

tlgreenwell

I have reset password several times with the 3 questions. But still always getting asked for a token which never comes. I write the support@ and they say I need a paid account? I write access@ and they say they helped but still asked for a dang token. It never comes. I've even signed up for another account with same username which it allows somehow but new one is empty as expected.

deprem1

Hi Sandy, I am trying to edit my Zoneedit domains but I don't receive an email to reset my password when i try and login. My domain is as per my email address. This was setup many years ago and i don't know my email address I originally used.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello deprem1,

You can send an email to access[@]zoneedit.com with more information (such as a domain in your account and what your email addresses are/were). We'll see what we can find.

edooper

Hi,

I am a legacy user (almost 20 years now) and my username is not an email address. How can I change my username to an email address so I can log in properly? I now always have to use the password reset functionality to log in.

Thanks!

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there. you cannot change a user name but you can open a new account at https://cp.zoneedit.com/signup/

then on your old account, click manage next to each domain name, select the Domain Settings tab then select Move and you can move domain names into that new account

regards