IPv6 DynDNS

baer1231

Since my provider decided to downgrade me to DS-Lite I am reliant on AAAA-records to access my domains. The IPv6 address rarely changes but when it does I don´t want to manually update the records. I know it has been asked for a few years ago, but I´d like to express interest again so you know demand exists.

It just takes an upgrade to the api to not update the A- but the AAAA-record.
The alternative would be to botch some curls to the page but that seems unnecessaryly complicated and unstable.

- a happy long time user of ZoneEdit, admittedly free

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
As far as I know, that hasn't been coded into Zoneedit yet. We do have IPv6 DYN records available via EasyDNS, though that is a paid DNS service.

Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported.

Regarding IPv6/AAAA, for the ‘myip’ parameter in the DYN update call, you can now pass an IPv6 address. Be sure to escape special characters like colons with %3A and forward slashes with %2F as necessary in IPv6 addresses. For example, the IPv6 address 2400:cb00:2049:1::a29f:1835 would be escaped in a DYN update url as &myip=2400%3Acb00%3A2049%3A1%3A%3Aa29f%3A1835

I will again relay your expressed interest in having that added to Zoneedit.

baer1231

As of now my home server is not important enough to lay subscription money down for. But I guess the argument goes both ways in terms of ZoneEdit prodiving this feature for free... Anyway it´s good to know that there is a provider that even offers IPv6 DynDNS. I´ll keep that in mind.
The fast reply is very much appreciated.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
You're welcome. We'll make a forum post if that ever changes/is added.