How do I set up a subdomain on existing domain?

emayol

I would also need to know how to setup a subdomain of an existing domain. That is not the same as explained above. What I want to do is to delegate a subdomain (e.g. test.mydomain.com) of an existing domain I am managing in zoneedit (e.g. mydomain.com) to be able to manage it separately, be able to set up MX records for it etc. I tried creating the subdomain as a new domain (test.mydomain.com) to then create NS records on my existing domain (mydomain.com) to delegate it to whaever Name server the new domain would get, but I get the error that the parent domain exists, which is true and is fine, but it does not let me create the subdomain as a separate domain from the existing one. Would appreciate if someone can provide some guidance on how that is done in ZoneEdit.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
I see .. you want the sub domain as a stand alone zone file. If you are a paid user please click the Get support link on the left side bar of your members page to send in the request.
If not a paid user please send in the request with your user ID and the sub domain you ant added to access @ zoneedit.com.

thanks
sandy

emayol

Thanks for the response Sandy. I have been a user of the free version of ZoneEdit for several years and it has worked great. I still have room for additional domain as part of my free subscription, but based on your response it is not possible to configure what I need in ZoneEdit with the out of the box functionality, which is unfortunate. I am really satisfied with the service so far, but it looks like I will have to find an alternative solution for this problem. All I actually need is to setup a subdomain on a separated zone to be able to associate different MX records to it. Based on what I have seen it is not possible to configure MX records for subdomains on the main domain either, and I do not want to contact support every time I need a change which should not be frequently but I should be able to do it myself on the console. If you know of a solution for this that I can use to do it myself let me know. Otherwise thanks a lot for the answer provided so far.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
it would be a separate zone file. the sub domain would be listed as its on domain name on your list of domains.
At present our staff need to add the sub domains for you but once added you have full control.

Hopefully soon we will add the functionality to add sub domains via the add a domain link.

thanks
sandy

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
sorry... you would still need to contact us at access @ zoneedit.com for sub domain additions.

regards.

falconlogs

Hello Sandy,

We would like to request for a subdomain. We already followed your instruction as to request at access @ zoneedit.com

zoneedit username: jcarreon

Thanks!

sorry... you would still need to contact us at access @ zoneedit.com for sub domain additions.

regards.