Forwarded e-mail in limbo.

Mark Jeftovic (#fb)

Administrator
Staff member
You can't use partial pattern matching, i.e. p_* or *_p doesn't work.
I do see lots of email in the logs being forwarded to your destination OK

tyoung3

Thanks for your reply. Until now I had no idea if partial pattern matching might work. It was while testing that option that I discovered that almost anything (including addresses with partial pattern matching) I sent to my domain was disappearing. I do receive mail that others send, but have no way to be sure that I am receiving everything I should.

If partial pattern matching fails shouln't the message go to the default, *@....?

Usually I send mail from the same Gmail account my mail is forwarded to. Is this not the normal acceptable procedure for Gmail and Zoneedit, or do I have to send mail from some other source in order to receive it in Gmail.

Thanks again for clarifying the partial pattern matching question. Can I submit this as a suggesion for improvement?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
with gmail.. if you are sending to the domain name based email address from the gmail address it is forwarding to there is a good chance it will not be received. Gmail puts these messages in what seems to be w never ending loop. To test please try sending from a different email address then the gmail address that it is forwarded to.

thanks
sandy