Error Processing Request when using a proxy/CDN

Rajiv Peter

Hi,

Earlier today I changed DNS settings for the WWW and @ A name records to point to a proxy provided by a company called Securi, however when the DNS resolved, this error message was shown when accessing www.pexsoftware.com or pexsoftware.com:

"Error Processing Request

The domain you are attempting to access uses URL forwarding provided by ZoneEdit

An error has occurred and we cannot URL forward this request. This may be a temporary error. Please try again later."

I asked Securi whether this was an issue with their proxy however they responded with this:

"You have to contact your hosting to get more details about it.

The DNS configuration of the site is fine. If by any reason your hosting says that the site is not pointing to their IP and that it is a Sucuri issue explain to them that you are using a passthrough WAF that works similar to products like Akamai or MaxCDN, that's why it resolves to our IP but in fact they are still hosting the domain."

I have now changed the records back to the previous IP for the interim. Would you please provide me with any details in order to solve this issue going forward? I will be pointing the DNS records back to Securi tomorrow.

Kind regards,

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

can you let me know the URL you were pointing to.. as well. You have quite a few host records with the _ character.
the _ is not a valid character for A records and as such invalidates the zone file. You would need to fix this before we can work on the URL forwarding issue.

thanks
sandy

Rajiv Peter

Hi Sandy,

The Firewall IP is 192.124.249.5. I will work on changing the host records "_" in their name. Out of interest, have you seen this issue before (redirecting to a firewall and having an error processing request)?.

Thanks for the response!