email only domain

CMundel

I am just a owner. I do not know all these terms. I just want to transfer my domain, email and nothing else. How can I set this up. Simple please.

zeadmin

Administrator
Staff member
In order to transfer a domain, you need to unlock the domain and obtain the Authorization code from the current registrar. Once transfers are submitted they can take multiple days to process and during that time further changes are not possible.

Changing email providers requires that you back up your email on your computer before making these changes.

Depending on who your current provider is that you are moving away from they may shut down their service once you submit the transfer so you should set up the email service prior to submitting the transfer.

This means you would be adding the domain to Zone Edit and configuring the new email services and then changing the DNS name servers at your current provider to connect the new email. Once email is set up and running on our side, you can then safely submit the registrar transfer by submitting the Authorization code.

CMundel

Sorry, I do not understand what you are saying. My current email is on godaddy and they changed to office for the email. cannot use office. so I have to use some other. How can I do this. needs to be very simple

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

do you need to be able to send and receive domain based email addresses?

regards.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Ok zoneedit does not provide that service, I would suggest taking a look at easydns.com. Their DNS standard service level at $19.95 per year comes with there domain name based email accounts with 5GB of storage pr email account.

regards.