Email not working

rsalsbury

Any emails coming through my domain are not getting to my inbox. I can send an email directly to the destination address and it works. I am with Bigpond. Haven't seen any emails since Wednesday or Thursday. Can someone please look into this?

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
hi there

this should be fixed now how is it working presently?

thanks
sandy

rsalsbury

No not working. What can I do / check from my end?

Update
Starting to filter through, not consistent though. Domain is pointing at ns1.zoneedit.com & ns10.zoneedit.com. Is this correct?

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
whats the domain name and I can check for the proper nameserver delegation.

thanks

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
yes :

Name Server: NS10.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS1.ZONEEDIT.COM

is correct.

rsalsbury

somethings not right, I just got an email from 2nd November for an item I ordered online an hour after I got a related email from 8th November to say its been delivered and emails I have sent tonight have not been received.

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
its bigpond where you are forwarding some of your mail maps too. they have been blocking our mail servers.. we do a work around etc.. then it works.. they they block us again.... we are in contact and hope we can get a permanent remedy in place. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Homer

I'm on the phone to bigpond and it's not looking promising.
Mind you, at present I am talking to one of their lowest tier robots.
Let's see how this exercise in patience turns out...

Homer

After about half an hour, with no solution being provided, I did notice that when using the bigpond webmail site (normally use a pop3 client), that a lot of the missing messages had been put in the webmail Junk Mail folder.
It would appear that anything that comes from zoneedit is automatically labelled as junk.
The fix might be as simple as adding an exception for whatever bigpond thinks is the junk trigger. Pretty hard to do it for every domain/address I have, so I guess I'll manually check the junk folder via the web interface and see what other legit emails end up in there.

Hope this info was useful to someone.

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
i am sure it will be. I will pass on the info to our appropriate staff members.

thanks

rsalsbury

Im still having issues. Definite reduction in the amount of emails coming in. Spoke to a builder today about an question I sent this morning and they said they did reply, no email received. Webmail seem to mirror my outlook client emails. Do I need to go away from zone edit to solve the issue?

rsalsbury

I'm in Australia and am currently experiencing missing emails or long delays (over 24 hrs) with emails being forwarded from my domain codetech.com.au to my mail account at tpg.com.au . It seems that in my case the ZoneEdit IP address 64.68.198.23 has been detected sending malicious email and is possibly blacklisted.

A right pain in the ass at the moment. Not getting legal documents I need, building information etc. I can send an email with no attachment and it comes through,. My wife forwarded an email with attachments and it doesn't work. Not sure what this means but mxtoolbox shows mx-caprica.zoneedit.com as blacklisted.

Sorry 64.68.198.23 is blacklisted at http://www.backscatterer.org/?ip=64.68.198.23 (mx-caprica.zoneedit.com)

Last edited: