Email not being delivered?

kauer

Email to the domain sapphiredentalcare.com.au stopped being delivered Friday 1 December 2017 sometime (UTC+11). The MX resolves to 182.160.139.226, a zoneedit server, but that address does not respond to any of the ports 25, 465, 587, 110, 143, or 995.

I know everyone always says this, but seriously - nothing changed at the client end. Email just stopped coming.

Any ideas?

Thanks, K.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
Hello Kauer,

While we are the DNS host we're not the Email host. The fact that you can see it resolving would be our services working. The IP (182.160.139.226) is not ours. It belongs to a company in Australia (Crucial Paradigm Pty Ltd). That's most likely the ISP providing the IP address for their customer and the server is definitely not anything we maintain or control.

kauer

Hello Kauer,

While we are the DNS host we're not the Email host. The fact that you can see it resolving would be our services working. The IP (182.160.139.226) is not ours. It belongs to a company in Australia (Crucial Paradigm Pty Ltd). That's most likely the ISP providing the IP address for their customer and the server is definitely not anything we maintain or control.

Oh! So it is! I didn't reverse-resolve the IP address, how embarrassing. Thanks for the clue, I'll go bother Crucial.

Regards, K.