Email forwarding stopped working

manriki

I've seen a couple of posts that email forwards stopped working. I noticed a delayed delivery a couple of days ago, but now it looks like no forward at all anymore.
Anyone else has troubles like this started today ?

El.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Let us know the domain name affected, and we'll take a look.

El.

Administrator
Staff member
The destination server is throttling our connections. Some email is making it through. We're looking to see if we can do anything about it. Perhaps contact your ISP to find out why?

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
The usual Zoneedit forwarding server is mx-caprica.zoneedit.com:

host mx-caprica.zoneedit.com
mx-caprica.zoneedit.com has address 64.68.198.23
mx-caprica.zoneedit.com has address 64.68.198.24

manriki

Contacted the ISP and they claim they can't do anything for me. (great customer service)
Also mentioned I saw more of their customers having this issue on this forum, but they don't seem to care. (since it's not a service that they are providing) Anything else that can be done on the Zone-edit side ? Problem currently still exists. No email coming through, just a couple last night.

Chris Cherry

Zoneedit Support
So, either they "cannot" do anything for you because it's a 3rd party filter/service they're using blocking it, or they "will not" do anything for you since they don't care about your email forwards from our service. Sometimes these are temporary blocks and maybe they'll remove us after 48hrs? Who knows?

We actually did make some adjustments and shunted the mail through another host IP, but they just eventually blocked that as well.

That shunt was:

host shunt02.easydns.com
shunt02.easydns.com has address 64.68.203.25

Regardless of what we do, they seem to have strict spam rules. My recommendation is that if they're not going to help, you'll need to find another destination mailbox to forward your mailmaps to. We can't make them accept our emails, and they haven't given us any reason or ability to make it right with them. Many email hosts or blocklists will have a way to request removal. They're not providing any way for us to do that.