Email forwardig settings for sub-domain disappeared

eveltom

Hi,

we had some emailforwarding rules for a subdomain configured, but since yesterday these settings are disappeared from the configuration.
Can anyone explain me this behavior? Our email addresses are unreachable right now.

Edwin

eveltom

I now manually created a "mail exchangersMX records" for the subdomain (MX records for the subdomain with server "LOCAL" was configured automaticly) and defined some mailmaps for the sub domain .
But when I sent a email to the new defined email address the following error drops back:

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<edwin@sub.domain.com>:
host mx-caprica.zoneedit.com [23.27.50.10]: 554 5.7.1 <edwin@sub.domain.com>:
Relay access denied

Is is due to a configuration issue at my side?

Edwin

eveltom

The subdomain was moved into a separate zone in our account and moved the mailmaps to it.
Now it is working again

Edwin

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

That would do it. mail maps will only work for the actual domain name or sub domain that the zone file is for,.

thanks
sandy

Meir

Hi,
My subdomain and its mailforwards also disappeared, around April 17th.
I recreated the subdomain MX record, and its mailforward, but still all the incoming mail is being returned.
Please help!

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

tech1@subdomain.example.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain subdomain.example.com by mx-caprica.zoneedit.com. [23.27.50.10].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 5.7.1 <tech1@subdomain.example.com>: Relay access denied

Thanks,
Meir

Last edited:

sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

just to be sure.. are you trying to create mail maps for a sub domain using zoneedit for mail forwarding..
if so that will not work. You would have to add the sub domain as its own DNS zone and delegate NS records to tat sub domain at the n parent domains DNS provider.

sandy